Friday, May 23, 2008

Baby Step #1 - I Shined my Sink!

I have completed my first Baby Step - Shining my Sink. This was a lot harder then I thought. I ended up using bleach, a scrubby pad, Bar Keepers Friend, many washcloths, a brush, a toothbrush, vinegar, a pumice stone, and Windex. I even had to have my husband help me. Without him I either would have a bald spot or my hair would still be stuck in the hinges of the doors under the sink.

Here is my sink when I woke up this morning:





This is actually pretty good. There are mornings that I have to move dishes out of the sink and onto the counters so that I can wash out the coffee maker.


And after all my hard work:




Isn't it pretty?

Now comes the hard part. I must maintain my shiny sink at all times. This means no stacking dishes - dirty or rinsed. So I must continually load the dishwasher, run the dishwasher, and most importantly unload the dishwasher. Jacob is at the age where he loves to get into things. I am the Mommy and I need to discipline him to stay out of the dishwasher. This won't be easy, but I can do it!

Check back tomorrow for an update on Baby Step #2 - "Get Dressed to Lace up Shoes"

Thanks Fly Lady!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be-a-u-tiful! Shoes is the part I don't have down yet. As much as I love "cute" shoes, I think I could go barefoot, if I had to.