First of all I want to thank Barbara for turning me on to the website flylady.net. I feel like I have found a program that will help me accomplish my current goal - getting my house in order. I have several reasons why I feel that God wants me to get my house in order.
First of all, my prayers have been answered by being able to stay at home with my two sweet boys. Let me back up to 2005. Johnny was due to be born on Christmas Eve in 2005. John was working at DHL and I was working for SuperShuttle. We had moved to Surprise in the summer of 2005 so that took our commute to North Scottsdale from about 5 minutes to an hour. In October of 2005 we made the decision that John would leave his job at DHL to start his own business of server management. Needless to say this was a huge leap of faith. Also since I was the sole, steady breadwinner and I was the one carrying health insurance for us it meant that there was no way I could not go back to work after Johnny was born. To make things even harder, my company did not offer paid maternity leave. I had to go back to work 6 weeks after Johnny was born and leave him in daycare. God was good through it all. He met our financial needs and John's business began to grow. Then in April of 2006 I was able to change jobs and work for Bechtel. This was a much better work environment and the commute was only half and hour. Yea! Then during the summer of 2006 I became pregnant with Jacob. Almost immediately John and I started praying that after Jacob was born I would not have to go back to work. Even up until the 11th week of my 12 week maternity leave with Jacob in the summer of 2007, it didn't look like we could live off of John's income alone. We really felt that God wanted me to stay home, so we took another leap of faith and I quit my job. We still struggle financially from time to time, but it's usually with wants not needs. God has been so faithful to us. So here I am, a stay-at-home mom for a year now, and my house is a disaster. I was always such a good worker at my jobs, but I can't seem to keep up with this house. I feel like I'm not being thankful to God for all that he's done for me by having my house in a total disaster.
My second reason is that I feel led to home school my two boys. I cannot be a successful teacher in this environment. I need to be organized and provide a clean home for my boys to learn in.
Lastly, as a family we are facing some current struggles that are completely out of my control. All I can do is pray. Not that praying isn't important, but I feel I need to do something. God has been laying on my heart that I need to provide a clean, safe, and loving home for my family.
So this is why I've decided that it's time to get going and get my house in order. If you haven't checked out the Fly Lady site yet, please do. I am currently a fly baby and taking my first baby step today - cleaning my kitchen sink. I will report my progress tonight.
Thank you Barbara so much for giving me the idea to start a blog to record my progress on getting my house in order. Thanks for letting me copy you!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment