1. My Control Journal - I bought a pretty lime green binder on Tuesday and have since redone it once. I have my morning, night, and after meal routines in there as well as a daily and weekly cleaning checklist.
2. I tried to start cleaning my zones, but I realized that I really needed to rescue the rooms first. So I took each room and wrote down what it would take to get it basically clean - throwing out trash, putting stuff away, cleaning counters and floors, etc. So I 3, 15-minute "room rescuing" sessions on Wednesday and my laundry room, bathroom, and family room look soooooo much better already. I can't believe how much I can get done in 15 minutes!
3. Laundry - I've decided that I need to do at least 1 load of laundry each day. I'm starting to bring the clothes into the laundry room and I have baskets in there to sort them. This way I can see when a load needs to be done. I've realized that I can only do whites and towels at night since if I'm too tired to fold and put them a way it doesn't really matter if they sit in the dryer overnight. I even managed to do a load of darks this morning before I had to be out of the house at 9:30. They aren't put away, but at lease they are folded and hung up.
4. Getting Dressed to Lace up Shoes - Okay this is definitely my weak spot. I am so tired in the mornings that even when I do get up before the boys I just mess around until they wake up. Also, I know that I really should take a shower at night to make my mornings easier, but by the end of the night all I want to do is put the boys to bed and lay around.
Well I hope I haven't bored you too death. But I realize that this blog is mostly for myself to look back on how far I've come. Hence the want for more pictures. But if anyone can get inspired by it then that's great.
Oh and here are some pictures of Johnny helping me to clean:
He just loves the swiffer so I figured I would put a wet cloth on it and let him do my work.
John decided to clean his office and he rented a carpet cleaner. Luckily, I had spent 15 minutes on the family room that day so it only took another 15 to pick up the rest of the stuff and vacuum so that he could clean that carpet as well.
3 comments:
Stop making me look bad! Just kidding - I am really happy for you. How did you like the carpet cleaner? I was thinking of renting one and was curious.
The carpet cleaner seems to do a good job. I don't know how easy it is to operate since that's John's job. I mix up the carpet cleaner in a bucket and change the water for him, but he pushes it around. You have to change the water every 10 minutes so it's a pain if you do it by yourself.
I'm not bored! I'm right there with you!!!!!
I'd love to see your control journal - I never got around to doing that step.
Doing 1 load of laundry per day has been a HUGE help for me. I start it first thing in the morning and then I actually have a "laundry folding" time scheduled in the afternoon. At 4:30, I bring the basket of laundry into the family room, turn on Jeopardy (my favorite show!) and fold laundry. I run and put it away during the commercials. That has seemed to help.
I am working on my shoes, too. :)
Isn't it cute how the kids want to "fly" with us!?! Titus likes to help set the timer. :) See you in a bit!
Post a Comment